Relaxing music can be very helpful, especially when you experience a stressful period in your workplace or at home. Our ears are constantly aware of all the sounds in our environment, being exposed to a huge amount of information. If you regularly listen to relaxing music, it will offer you a lot of benefits. Listening to the best relaxing songs can increase the levels of positive hormones in your body.
Numerous studies indicate that listening to relaxing nature sounds can boost the serotonin levels in the bloodstream. This hormone is a “happy” neurotransmitter, helping us have better learning capabilities, a better mood, and a good sleep. Furthermore, relaxing songs can also help you alleviate stress. When you plug in your earphones and you hit play, you basically disconnect from your everyday stress.
If the stress is reduced, you could improve your memory and cognitive processing. In case you play a musical instrument, this can also help you develop better spatial-temporal reasoning and communication skills. Researchers have also discovered that when listening to music our brain hemisphere develop a better interconnection, triggering dendritic growth. Hence, this leads to smoother communication between the neurons in the brain.
If you choose to listen to the best relaxing songs, this can lower your heart rate. That is why you might hear relaxing music in the waiting rooms of clinics and hospitals. The purpose is to make you feel more comfortable and more relaxed. By regularly listening to relaxing songs, your blood pressure is lower. When listening to music, you also improve your dopamine levels.
Dopamine is known to be a neurotransmitter related to our movements, sensations of pleasure and emotions. When you are fond of the music you listen to, this triggers a pleasant sensation in your brain. If you need to add more relaxing songs to your playlist, we will provide some incredible tunes for you.
Best relaxing songs
- “Moby” by Porcelain;
- “Amber” by 311;
- “Skinny Love” by Bon Iver;
- “Put your records on” by Corrine Bailey Rae;
- “Afterglow” by Phaeleh;
- “Imagine” by John Lennon;
- “More than a feeling” by Boston;
- “Full sail” by Ryan Farish;
- “Keep your head up” by Ben Howard;
- “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band;
- “Carry on” by Fun;
- “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble;
- “Riptide” by Vance Joy;
- “Three little birds” by Bob Marley;
- “Holocene” by Bon Iver”;
- “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson;
- “Midnight Rider” by The Allman Brothers Band;
- “Caribbean Blue” by Enya;
- “Stuck in the middle with your” by Stealers Wheel;
- “Peace” by O.A.R.;
- “Come to me” by The Goo Goo Dolls;
- “King without a crown” by Matisyahu;
- “Lost” by Sunlounger ft. Zara;
- “Float On” by Modest Mouse;
- “Free Fallin” by John Mayer.
This list of the best relaxing songs can help you relax and forget about deadlines as you close your eyes and let all your worries float. By listening to relaxing music, you will be able to increase your serotonin and dopamine levels, having a great mood and a better capability of concentration.